OPTIMUS announces its agreement with the company GERIÓN to offer its advanced IP-based nurse-call intercommunication and signalling system exclusively. The SMCi - IP Gerión system uses LAN technology (IP, ETHERNET) to efficiently and effectively connect all system units, improving management in hospitals, clinics, and residential facilities. The system stands out for its ease of use, with a colour touch screen at the nursing control station and intuitive room terminals for patients and healthcare staff. Among its numerous features, it is worth noting its ability to store and access the incident history of the healthcare facility, its integration with database-based management systems, support for VoIP telephony, paging systems, and wanderer systems, as well as the ability to display call information on mobile devices. The installation, programming, and maintenance of the system are quick and straightforward, with customization and software configuration options, along with continuous self-diagnosis that ensures system reliability.
Here are some of its many features:
- Hands-free communication in the patient's room, and hands-free or private communication through a headset at the nursing control station.
- Modular room terminals that can be adapted to different needs, from calls and audio communication to information screens and RFID readers.
- Buttons for various types of calls, such as regular calls, emergency calls, code blue calls and healthcare staff presence.
- Optical signalling that complies with DIN VDE 0834 regulations.
- Reception of calls and communication between room terminals for efficient coordination.
- Devices such as bed call buttons, bathroom pull cords, and signalling lamps, all connected to the room terminal.
- Wireless call devices via RF in the form of bracelets or pendants also allow for monitoring wandering patients and detecting falls.